The Best Southern Fried Oysters
In this easy recipe, the raw oysters are soaked in buttermilk, then dredged in cornmeal before being fried to golden brown perfection.
Ingredients: 1 pint fresh shucked oysters 2 cups buttermilk 1-1/4 cups cornmeal 3/4 cup all-purpose flour 1 tablespoon creole seasoning 1 teaspoon kosher salt 1 quart peanut oil
1. Combine the cornmeal, flour, and seasonings.
2. Soak oysters in buttermilk.
3. Dredge oysters in cornmeal & flour mixture.
4. Place oysters on a metal rack to set the coating.
5. Fry oysters in 375-degree F. oil until they are golden brown.
6. Drain on a paper towel.
7. Serve with tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, or remoulade.
Featuring delicious recipes with a Southern flair that are quick, easy, and PERFECT to share with family and friends.