Filet Mignon with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
Here's what you'll need:
1. Preheat oven to 400F, and season with salt & pepper on all sides.
2. Heat olive oil in skillet over high heat until it starts to smoke. Sear steaks two minutes each side and one minute on sides.
3. Place skillet in oven and cook for five to eight minutes; remove from oven when internal temp reaches 120 - 135.
4. Remove steaks from pan to rest on board tented loosely with foil.
5. Cook mushrooms, thyme, shallots on stovetop over med-high heat stirring for five minutes.
6. Add red wine and cook seven to eight minutes; remove from heat and add butter; taste and season.
7. Plate filets and top with sauce; optional thyme garnish and serve immediately.
Featuring delicious recipes with a Southern flair that are quick, easy, and PERFECT to share with family and friends.