Green Bean Pie with Ritz Cracker Crust
This easy holiday recipe is a savoury side dish full of fresh tender green beans, mushrooms, creamy cheesy sauce, fried onions atop a Ritz Cracker Crust!
fresh green beans
half and half or whole milk
ground black pepepr and salt
french fried onions
1. Pie Crust directions: Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Add the crackers and fried onions to a bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade Process until the crackers and onion rings are finely crushed.
3. Add the melted butter to the crumbs and process until the butter and crumbs are combined.
4. Pour this mixture into a nine inch tart pan, or nine inch casserole dish with at least three inch sides.
5. Use your hands or measuring cup to gently compress the crumbs on the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
6. Bake for ten to twelve minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
1. Preheat oven to 425F
2. While the crust cools, in a large skillet melt two tablespoons of butter over med-high heat.
3. Add the onions and cook for five or six minutes or until they are tender and lightly browned.
4. Add the mushrooms, thyme and cook for another five or six minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
5. Add the garlic and cook for thirty to sixty seconds or until fragrant.
6. Remove the thyme sprigs and transfer the mushroom mixture to a bowl and set aside.
7. In same skillet melt 2 T butter and add green beans; sauté for about fifteen minutes or until tender crisp, stirring frequently.
8. When beans are done add cream cheese, half and half, Worchestire sauce, salt, and pepper and cook until cream cheese is melted and creamy. Add the mushrooms back in and remove from heat.
9. Pour the mixture into cooled crust and bake for twenty five to thirty minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven, top evenly with onions and bake another five minutes.
10. Remove from oven and let sit for fifteen minutes before serving.
Featuring delicious recipes with a Southern flair that are quick, easy, and PERFECT to share with family and friends.