Irish Potato Soup
The best Irish Potato Soup is as easy to make as it is delicious and nutritious! This hearty, old-fashioned Irish potato soup is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, a quick weeknight meal, or anytime you need a comforting bowl of creamy potato soup.
Here's what you'll need:
salt and pepper
1. Melt butter in dutch oven over medium heat; add celery and onions and sauté five minutes.
2. Add the potatoes, garlic powder, kosher salt & pepper and chicken stock.
3. Bring to boil reduce heat to low & simmer 20 - 25 min until potatoes are done.
4. Blend with immersion blender until smooth and creamy.
5. Add two cups whole milk; taste and season with salt and pepper.
6. Optional; garnish with fresh parsley & serve immediately and enjoy.
; I use unsalted for cooking the onions and celery before adding the potatoes to the mix.
; this recipe works best with starchy russet or Idaho potatoes
Featuring delicious recipes with a Southern flair that are quick, easy, and PERFECT to share with family and friends.