Irish Soda Bread
Is there anything better than a slice of warm bread slathered with butter? If there is, I can’t think what it would be. It’s pure bliss and comfort food at its finest.
1. Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl with a fork. Add 1 1/4 cup buttermilk and mix until flour is moistened.
3. Pour this mixture onto lightly floured surface; gently knead a few times (not too much!) to form a ball.
4. Shape dough into about six inch disk; two inches high and place on baking sheet.
5. Using a knife cut an X one inch deep almost to edges.
6. Bake for thirty-five minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a rack to cool.
: You can freeze it for two to three months and is best enjoyed within three days as it has no preservatives.
Featuring delicious recipes with a Southern flair that are quick, easy, and PERFECT to share with family and friends.