Ingredients:New York Strip Roast or Top Loin Roast, bonelesskosher saltground black pepperolive oil
1. One to three days before you plan to cook the roast place unwrapped beef on a rack atop a baking sheet.
Place in refrigerator and leave it uncovered for one to three days.
2. When ready to cook take it out of fridge for an hour to come to room temperature.
3. Preheat oven. to 250F
4. Using a sharp. knife remove all fat and silver skin from outside of meat, also any hard dry spot from sitting in fridge as well.
5. Rub beef with one tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle kosher salt and pepper liberally all over it.
6. Heat one tablespoon olive oil in heavy-duty oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat and when almost smoking add beef.
Sear it on top, bottom, and sides for one to two minutes each or until each side is nicely browned.
7. Place pan (uncovered) in oven and cook until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part registers 5 to 10 degrees below your preferred doneness.
For maximum juiciness and flavor, I recommend not cooking this roast well-done.
8. When it comes to desired temperature remove from oven using heavy oven mitt. Tent loosely with foil, allow to rest for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
9. Thinly slice the beef and serve immediately.
Tips1. If you don't see NY Strip roasts in your grocery store you can ask your butcher to cut one for you!2. When trimming I find a sharp fish fillet knife works best.3. You can use the fat scraps for frying; they would make excellent homemade french fries or wedges!
Featuring delicious recipes with a Southern flair that are quick, easy, and PERFECT to share with family and friends.