Old-Fashioned Southern Strawberry Pie
1. For glaze, whisk sugar, corn starch and water over medium heat stirring until syrup texture; three to four minutes.
2. Add jello ~ stir until dissolved; two minutes, cool for thirty.
3. Remove stem and leaves from clean dry berries and slice in halves or quarters for larger ones. Add to crust.
4. Pour glaze over strawberries and refrigerate two to three hours.
5. To serve, slice and top with whipped cream if desired.
Can you make it ahead?
Certainly; it's best if chilled to firm up the glaze and enjoyed that day!
Featuring delicious recipes with a Southern flair that are quick, easy, and PERFECT to share with family and friends.