Oven Baked Short Ribs with Red Wine Sauce
Here's what you'll need:
1. Preheat oven to 350F, and pat ribs dry; season with salt & pepper.
2. Heat butter and brown short ribs a few at a time on all sides; remove from pan.
3. Sauté carrots and onions over med-low heat for about ten minutes; then add garlic, tomato paste, thyme and cook for 30 more seconds.
4. Add red wine and cook for ten minutes over med-high heat; then add beef broth and ribs back in and up to a simmer.
5. Cover and bake in oven for two to two and a half hours until very tender.
6. When done remove from pan and cover to keep warm, discard thyme and cook sauce for ten minutes.
7. Place ribs back in pot to heat through. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve over polenta, grits, or egg noodles.
Featuring delicious recipes with a Southern flair that are quick, easy, and PERFECT to share with family and friends.