Old-Fashioned Southern Strawberry Shortcakes
1. For strawberry filling mix strawberries and sugar in a bowl and leave for half an hour.
2. Preheat oven 450F, pulse in food processor flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt to combine.
3. Add chilled butter, pulse a few times until coarse crumbs. Also can cut butter in with a fork in a bowl.
4. Add buttermilk and stir until it comes together ~ do not overmix!
5. Spray 1/4 c and use it to scoop biscuits.
6. Space one inch apart and bake for twelve to fourteen minutes.
7. Slice biscuits; add a generous layer of strawberries to bottom half. Place top half of biscuit on top and repeat layers.
Featuring delicious recipes with a Southern flair that are quick, easy, and PERFECT to share with family and friends.