Meyer Lemon French 75
If you are looking for a recipe for an elegant Champagne cocktail to serve at parties, or to welcome in the New Year, you should become acquainted with this delicious retro Meyer Lemon French 75 Cocktail!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 4 servings
Meyer Lemon Simple Syrup Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Meyer lemon juice freshly squeezed
Meyer Lemon French 75 Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup gin chilled
- 1/4 cup Meyer Lemon Simple Syrup chilled
- 1 cup Champagne chilled
- 4 pieces lemon peel thinly sliced and curled
Meyer Lemon Simple Syrup Directions:
Meyer Lemon French 75 Directions:
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, then add gin and Meyer Lemon simple syrup. Shake well and strain into four champagne glasses. Top with 2 ounces of champagne each.
Stir gently, optional, top with a lemon peel twist.
To make a lemon peel twist, use a vegetable peeler and carefully peel a long thin strip of lemon peel from a lemon. Slice it into strips no wider than 1/8 of an inch. Take the strip and wrap it around a pencil or skewer and hold it for a minute to set the twist.
- No Meyer lemons? No problem. Simply substitute fresh regular lemon juice.
- This recipe makes enough for 4 cocktails. To make just one cocktail, simply divide the ingredients by 4.
- You will have some lemon simple syrup left over. You can make homemade lemonade with it by adding about two cups of water for every quarter cup of simple syrup. It will also keep indefinitely in the refrigerator.
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 0.2g | Fat: 0.1g | Saturated Fat: 0.01g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.03g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.003g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin C: 10.7mg | Iron: 0.4mg