Easy Grilled Bone-In Pork Chops and Quick Marinade Recipe
Just in time for grilling season, Easy Grilled Bone-In Pork Chops and Quick Marinade would be perfect for your next barbecue. A flavorful, simple pork chop marinade made with soy sauce, fresh garlic, and lemon-pepper seasoning makes all the difference and does wonders to keep your grilled pork chops both tender and juicy.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time2 hrs 22 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 pork loin chops bone-in, 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves minced
Combine the water, soy sauce, vegetable oil, lemon-pepper seasoning and garlic cloves in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
Place the pork chops in a gallon-size sealable storage bag and pour the marinade over them. Seal the bag and refrigerate for a minimum of two hours or up to 24 hours. Turn the bag over occasionally to ensure that all areas of the pork are covered.
When ready to grill, prepare the grill by cleaning the grates with a wire brush and oiling the grill racks. Heat the grill to medium-high, 400 degrees (for a charcoal grill, most of the coals are glowing orange-red and covered with a faint layer of ash).
Remove the pork chops from the marinade (reserve the marinade) and place on the grill. Grill on the first side 5-6 minutes, then flip over and grill on the other side for 5-6 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the pork chop reads 140 degrees.* While grilling, baste with the leftover marinade to keep the chops moist.
Remove the pork chops from the grill, cover lightly with a plate or foil and let them rest 5-10 minutes before serving. They should come up to 145 degrees while resting.
Sharon's Expert Tips:
- Depending on how thick they are, your pork chops may take a longer or shorter time to come up to the correct temperature.
- To make-ahead, whisk together the marinade for pork chops on the grill. Add the pork chops and refrigerate before you head out for the day. When you come home in the evening they will be ready to throw on the grill and only take minutes to cook.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 951mg | Potassium: 515mg | Vitamin A: 15IU | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.7mg