Classic Southern Seven Layer Salad
When you’re planning the perfect make-ahead dish for your spring and summer picnics or holiday gatherings, look no further than Classic Southern Seven-Layer Salad. This traditional seven-layer salad is as versatile as it is delicious, and always receives rave reviews!
Prep Time20 mins
Total Time8 hrs 20 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 cup mayonnaise 8 ounces
- 1/2 cup light sour cream 4 ounces
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese 1 ounce
- 1 1/2 Tbsps granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsps white wine vinegar
- 1 head iceberg lettuce cut into small pieces
- 4 eggs hard-boiled sliced lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes cut in half lengthwise cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked, drained and broken into small pieces, 8 ounces
- 6 green onions white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded, 4 ounces
- 2 cups green peas thawed
Add lettuce to trifle bowl, or another clear bowl.
Place a ring of sliced eggs around the perimeter of the bowl, nestling them in the lettuce for support.
Place remaining eggs on top of lettuce.
Place a ring of sliced grape tomatoes around the perimeter of the bowl above the eggs; place remaining tomatoes on top of egg layer.
Layer the bacon, green onions, Cheddar cheese, and green peas in that order on top of tomato layer.
Spread dressing on top of salad. If desired, sprinkle a few green peas and paprika on top for a festive look.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, and preferably overnight.
Before serving, toss to combine all ingredients.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 890mg | Potassium: 358mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1100IU | Vitamin C: 20.6mg | Calcium: 300mg | Iron: 1.3mg