Healthy Roasted Sweet Potato Stacks Recipe
Easy, Healthy Roasted Sweet Potato Stacks are full of nutritious and delicious sweet potatoes, and flavored with scallions, rosemary, pecans and maple syrup!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr 5 mins
Servings: 8 stacks
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter melted (you can substitute olive oil)
- 1/4 cup pecans toasted and finely chopped
- 1 scallion or green onion finely chopped, white and green parts
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4 medium-size sweet potatoes peeled or unpeeled*
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine butter, pecans, scallions, rosemary, and syrup in a large bowl and stir to combine.
Slice the potatoes about 1/8-1/10 inch thick using a mandoline or knife.
Add the potato slices to the butter mixture and toss well with your hands. Make sure all of the slices are coated.
Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and stack the sliced potatoes in the cups.** You can stack them higher than the pan sides because they will shrink a little while cooking.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
Use a fork to remove the sweet potato stacks from the muffin pan and serve immediately.
* Long fairly small in diameter potatoes work best in this recipe because the slices need to be able to fit in the muffin cups.
** Because muffin cups are smaller at the bottom than the top, you might need to put the smaller sweet potato slices at the bottom of the cup and increase the size of the slices as the muffin cup flares out.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 494mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 19150IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 0.9mg