Easy Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole Recipe
Creamy and flavorful, Easy Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole is full of tender chicken, cheese, water chestnuts, and a blend of seasoned white and wild rice.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 cups chicken cooked and cubed
- 6 oz long grain and wild rice box
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 8 oz water chestnuts drained and sliced
- 2-1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 10.5 oz cream of mushroom soup; you can substitute cream of celery or cream of chicken soup can
- 8 oz sour cream container
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare the rice according to the package directions and set aside.
Add 2 Tbsp butter to a large skillet over medium heat. When the butter is melted, add the onions and celery. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and tender.
Add the water chestnuts, rice, chicken, 2-1/2 cups cheese, mushroom soup, sour cream, milk, kosher salt and pepper and mix to combine.
Coat a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and add the chicken and rice mixture.
Melt remaining 1 Tbsp butter and mix with the panko crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over the casserole and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the casserole is bubbling and the breadcrumbs are brown and toasty.
Remove from the oven, let sit for 5-10 minutes and serve.
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 133mg | Sodium: 573mg | Potassium: 370mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1750IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 660mg | Iron: 1.4mg