Easy Southern Peach Bread Recipe
Delicious Easy Southern Peach Bread is full of fresh, last-of-the-summer, juicy peaches, crunchy pecans, and sour cream which keeps it tender and moist.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time55 mins
Total Time1 hr 5 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 1/2 cup of vegetable or coconut oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup finely diced peeled fresh or frozen peaches or peach puree* approximately 2 large or 3 small
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped, you can add a few more if you love pecans
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Use a non-stick baking spray with flour to grease the bottom of a large loaf pan. Do not grease the sides of the pan. Or, you could grease the bottom with butter and then sprinkle a small amount of flour on the butter. Tap the pan on the counter to evenly distribute the flour and pour out any excess.
Add the sugar and oil to a large bowl and mix well.
Add the eggs, sour cream, peach puree or chopped peaches, and vanilla, mix well. Add the flour, baking soda and salt to the mixture a little at a time and mix well. Add the pecans and mix well to combine.
Pour into a prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until the sides of the cake just start to pull away from the pan, or when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with no streaks
- You can finely chop the peaches, use your food processor to puree them or mash them with a potato masher. However, if you use your food processor, be careful not to over process them, you still want small pieces of peach in the puree.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 52mg | Potassium: 89mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 28.9mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.3mg