Pesto Pasta with Shrimp and Tomatoes Recipe
Pesto Pasta with Shrimp and Tomatoes is comfort food at its finest and is super delicious, super nutritious, super quick and a super easy entree to prepare.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 12 ounces pasta I used Torcetti but you can use any pasta you prefer
- 1 lb fresh extra-large shrimp peeled and deveined, with the tails removed
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup prepared jarred or refrigerated pesto * see link for homemade pesto recipe in the notes section
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
Prepare the pasta according to the directions on the package for al dente and drain.
While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Pat the shrimp dry and season both sides with salt and pepper. When the butter has melted, add the shrimp and cook for 1-minute. Flip the shrimp over and add the wine and garlic. Cook just until the shrimp are opaque and have formed a C-shape, which should take about 2 minutes. Do not overcook the shrimp.
Remove the shrimp with a spatula and add the cherry tomatoes to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the skin on the tomatoes starts to blister.
Add the shrimp back to the pan and then add the pasta. Mix well and add the pesto and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Leave the pan on the heat just until everything is heated through and remove from the heat.
Serve immediately topped with grated parmesan cheese, lemon zest, and chopped parsley.
Calories: 486kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 250mg | Sodium: 1050mg | Potassium: 630mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2700IU | Vitamin C: 24.8mg | Calcium: 210mg | Iron: 4.5mg