Easy Mardi Gras Hot Muffuletta Dip
Easy Mardi Gras Hot Muffuletta Dip is a tantalizing muffuletta dip made with tasty green olives, salami, provolone cheese and tangy giardiniera which is pickled carrots, cauliflower, and celery.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 6 oz pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper
- 1/2 cup giardiniera
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup salami cut into small cubes
- 4 oz provolone cheese cut into small cubes
- 1 Tbsp grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp fresh parsley finely minced for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the olives, roasted red pepper, and drained giardiniera, (use only the pickled cauliflower, carrots, celery and hot peppers, discard pickles if there are any) in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until everything is finely chopped.
Place this mixture in a bowl along with the softened cream cheese, salami, and provolone cheese and mix well to combine.
Place this mixture in an oven-safe dish which has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and top with the mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Serve with crackers or toasted French bread rounds.
* You can make Easy Mardi Gras Hot Muffuletta Dip a day or so ahead. Just cover it unbaked, and refrigerate until you are ready to bake it.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 894mg | Potassium: 112mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1050IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 1.3mg