Chicken Club Sandwich with Apple and Bacon
This Chicken Club Sandwich with Apple and Bacon is everything a great sandwich should be. Tender slices of deli chicken, nestled between tart Granny Smith apples, crispy bacon slices, and melted gooey provolone cheese. And, the crowning glory, a deliciously sweet Vidalia Onion Poppy Seed Vinaigrette.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 sandwiches
- 1 Granny Smith Apple unpeeled, cored and cut into slices
- 1/4 lb deli sliced chicken breast
- 1/4 lb sliced provolone cheese
- 4 slices bacon cooked
- 1/4 cup Sweet Vidalia Onion Poppyseed Vinaigrette
- 2 Portuguese rolls or hamburger buns
Turn on the oven broiler.
Slice the buns in half, place them on a baking sheet and toast them lightly under the broiler. When they are lightly toasted, add a slice of provolone and the chicken to each half and put under the broiler for a few seconds to melt the cheese.
Remove the buns from the oven and add the bacon and apple slices. Top with about a tablespoon of Sweet Vidalia Onion Poppyseed Vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Sharon's Expert Tips:
- You can substitute a bottled sweet onion vinaigrette or poppyseed salad dressing for the Vidalia onion poppyseed dressing.
- I like the tartness of the Granny Smith apple in this sandwich, but you can certainly substitute any other type of apple you have on hand or happen to like.
- You can also substitute sliced turkey and make a turkey club sandwich, instead of the chicken.
Calories: 610kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 1513mg | Potassium: 275mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Calcium: 460mg | Iron: 3.8mg