Quick and Easy Mexican Pork Stew
You have to try Quick and Easy Mexican Pork Stew! It only takes 15 minutes to make and salsa verde and fire-roasted tomatoes give it a southwestern flavor.
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 16 oz jar salsa verde
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 30 oz fire-roasted diced tomatoes 2-15 oz cans with juice
- 1 pound shredded or cubed roasted pork or chicken about 2 cups
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Garnish a dollop of sour cream, sliced avocado, and tortilla chips
- Optional squeeze a little lime juice on before serving
To make, simply add the salsa verde, chicken broth, black beans, fire-roasted diced tomatoes with juice, low-sodium chicken broth, your pork or chicken, and ground cumin to a large saucepan or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
When it’s done, add chopped parsley, taste and add kosher salt and ground black pepper if needed.
To serve, garnish with a dollop of sour cream and avocado chunks or slices, and serve with tortilla chips. Optional, squeeze a little fresh lime juice on before serving.
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 611mg | Potassium: 1881mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 18.2mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 5.9mg