Rocky Road Ice Cream Recipe - No Churn
No churn, no-cook, Rocky Road Ice Cream is full of rich creamy chocolate ice cream, soft fluffy marshmallows, and buttery roasted pecans. It's pure frozen deliciousness. With only five ingredients and five steps, this easy homemade ice cream recipe is a breeze to make.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time6 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans chopped
Combine cocoa powder and sweetened condensed milk in a medium-size bowl.
Use a stand mixer or electric mixer to whip the cream until stiff peaks form. (This usually takes about 2 minutes.)
Add one cup of the whipped cream to the cocoa and sweetened condensed milk mixture and fold in with a rubber spatula.
Pour this mixture into the bowl with the rest of the whipped cream and carefully fold in until everything is well combined. Fold in the toasted pecans and marshmallows.
Pour into a 9x5x3 metal loaf pan. Cover tightly and freeze for six hours.
Sharon's Expert Tips:
- I almost always use toasted or roasted pecans in my recipes. You can always use nuts that haven't been roasted, but I think the toasted ones taste much better. Check out my easy recipe for toasting pecans here.
- You can easily vary this recipe by omitting the marshmallows and/or nuts and adding crushed Oreos, M&Ms, or other cookies or candy. You could also omit the cocoa powder and add fresh fruit.
- I like to take my ice cream out of the freezer about 10 minutes before I plan to serve it in order to make it easier to scoop out.
Calories: 429kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 89mg | Potassium: 336mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 1005IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 191mg | Iron: 1mg