Spicy Buffalo Shrimp Po' Boy Sandwich
Spicy Buffalo Shrimp Po’ Boy sandwiches are overflowing with juicy, briny, sautéed shrimp, plus lettuce and tomatoes, all piled on a toasted Po’ Boy roll.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 sandwiches
Spicy Buffalo Shrimp Ingredients:
- 1 lb extra large shrimp peeled and deveined, with the tails removed
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1-3 Tbsp buffalo or wing sauce or to taste
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions white and green part
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp prepared horseradish not creamy
- 3 Tbsp whole-grain mustard creole if possible
- 3 Tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- 3 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Po' Boy Sandwich ingredients:
- 4 Po' Boy rolls can substitute French bread or another type of roll with a crispy crust and fluffy interior.
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 fresh tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp blue cheese crumbled, optional
Spicy Buffalo Shrimp Directions:
Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
Add the flour, salt and pepper and garlic powder to a gallon size Ziploc bag.
Add shrimp and shake well.
Shake off the excess flour and add the shrimp to the pan in a single layer.
Cook the shrimp for 1-2 minutes on one side, or until golden brown. Then turn over and cook on the other side for another 1-2 minutes.
When the shrimp are cooked, leave them in the pan but remove the pan from the heat. Add the buffalo sauce and toss to coat the shrimp. Set aside.
Po' Boy Sandwich Assembly:
Split the rolls in half lengthwise, and place on a baking sheet under a preheated broiler for 2-3 minutes or until the surface of the rolls is lightly toasted.
If you are using remoulade, spread a generous layer on one side of the roll. (You can substitute tartar sauce or simply mayonnaise). Add shredded lettuce and sliced tomato. Top with shrimp and serve immediately.
Calories: 720kcal | Carbohydrates: 99g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 52g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 21g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 229mg | Sodium: 648mg | Potassium: 145mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 850IU | Vitamin C: 26.4mg | Calcium: 200mg | Iron: 8.6mg