Easy Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
This delicious and nutritious soup comes in at only 349 calories and whether you eat it for lunch or dinner, it would be a great way to start your January weight loss journey.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 8 ounces raw skinless boneless chicken breast or thighs cut into cubes
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 2-14.5 oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1-10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies with juice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 small corn tortillas
Combine everything but the corn tortillas in a 4-quart Crockpot or slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
Before you are ready to serve the soup, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Cut tortillas into 1/4-inch wide strips and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn over and bake for 5 more minutes or until they are crispy. Sprinkle on the soup and serve immediately.
Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 1348mg | Potassium: 779mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 700IU | Vitamin C: 59.4mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2.3mg