Easy Sausage Cheese Bread is a great choice for a fabulous make-ahead Christmas morning breakfast or brunch! Also, this versatile, tasty, and easy-to-make bread is delicious served as an appetizer with marinara sauce, or even as a light entrée with a salad.
On this fourth day of Christmas, instead of “four calling birds“, I’m bringing you this Easy Sausage Cheese Bread for my special 12 Days of Easy Christmas Recipes! Read on to find out how to make this quick three-ingredient treat.
When we have company, one of my favorite make-ahead breakfast menus is Easy Sausage Cheese Bread, Caramel Soaked French Toast, and Summer Fruit Salad with Orange Syrup. In fact, I had this same menu at a brunch for 20 we hosted for out-of-town company and family that came to help me and my husband celebrate our marriage several years ago.
It has also been part of my go-to, make-ahead Christmas Day Breakfast menu for more years than I can count. On Christmas, I usually serve Old Fashioned Southern Ambrosia instead of the summer fruit salad.
How to make Easy Sausage Cheese Bread
You will only need three ingredients for Breakfast Sausage Cheese Bread and they are a can of refrigerated french bread dough, mozzarella cheese, and sausage. That’s it!
To make the bread, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Open the can of dough and find the seam. Once you have the seam, carefully unroll the dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. You should have a rectangle.
Spread the cooked sausage evenly over the dough, then top with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
Now comes the fun part. Starting at one end, very carefully roll up the bread dough jelly-roll style as tight as you can, and pinch the ends slightly to keep the filling from oozing out. Also, make sure that the seam is under your bread log and cut a few shallow slits on the top.
Pop it in a 350-degree oven for about 30 minutes.
Once the bread is done, let it sit for about 5 minutes (if you can get your family to wait that long), and slice it into about 1 to 1 and 1/2 inch slices.
To make this a make-ahead dish, simply cook the sausage and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake the bread.
And finally, to be the first to receive new notifications of new posts by email, enter your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Grits and Pinecones!
Easy Sausage Cheese Bread
- 1 can refrigerated French Bread Dough I used Pillsbury
- 1 lb ground pork sausage I used Jimmy Deans Regular
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir frequently and break the sausage up into small crumbles. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the sausage is no longer pink. Drain well on paper towels.
- Unroll dough into a rectangular shape on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Spread the cooked sausage evenly over the dough, then top with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Starting with one long end, roll-up jelly roll style as tightly as you can. Turn seam side down and cut a few shallow slits in the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the bread is browned and crusty.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve warm.