Healthy Chicken Cauliflower Skillet is a delicious, quick and easy, low-calorie and low-carbohydrate, healthy one-dish meal that I know you will love! It’s truly a win, win in the battle to achieve your weight loss goals!
If you have been following my blog, you know I’ve been obsessed with deconstructing some of our favorite dishes and recreating them as lighter, healthier “bowl” dishes such as Chicken Egg Roll Bowls and Grilled Fish Taco Bowls with Green Apple Guacamole.
I’m still on the hunt for some lighter healthy entrees but thought I would switch things up a bit today and share with you another long-time favorite that is already low-calorie, Healthy Chicken Cauliflower Skillet. This dish features sauteed chicken thighs baked with yummy cauliflower, covered with a sherry vinegar sauce, parsley, and capers.
More Easy Chicken Thigh recipes:
If you like dark meat as I do, I know you will also love these easy chicken thigh recipes. A bonus: most recipes are also one-pan skillet meals.
If you want even more recipes for chicken, check out all of my chicken recipes here.
Did you know that cauliflower is listed as one of the world’s healthiest foods? And, last year this superfood was called the new “it” veggie, replacing kale, by food trend-watchers. And there is a good reason, cauliflower, which has famous cousin broccoli, is a blank canvas, taking on the flavors of the food it is cooked with.
Cauliflower is also very low in calories, high in fiber and low in carbohydrates making it very popular with folks seeking to limit their carbohydrates. In fact, one serving of this dish has 397 calories 28% of your daily Vitamin C requirement and only 2 grams of carbohydrates.
Have I got your attention? Then, let’s get started. First, gather your ingredients. It’s a shortlist, and this recipe has even fewer steps. The ingredients are four bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (yes, you can substitute boneless, skinless chicken breasts), a head of cauliflower, fresh parsley, olive oil, sherry vinegar, capers, and salt and pepper. That’s it!
Once you have everything ready, preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place in the skillet skin side down. Cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes, or until the skin is golden brown. Turn the chicken over and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
Arrange the cauliflower florets around the chicken and coat them in the pan juices. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Put the skillet in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken is done and the cauliflower is crisp-tender.
Remove the pan from the oven, add the sherry vinegar, and sprinkle the parsley and capers over the chicken. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Didn’t I tell you it was quick and easy? Leftovers, if you have them are delicious the next day too!
Chicken and Cauliflower Skillet
- 4 chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower broken up into large florets
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 3 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 Tbsp capers
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper, place in the skillet skin side down. Cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes, or until the skin is golden brown. Turn the chicken over and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, arrange the cauliflower florets around the chicken and make sure to coat them with the pan juices. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Put the skillet in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken is done and the cauliflower is crisp-tender.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven, add the sherry vinegar, and sprinkle the parsley and capers over the chicken. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Do you like the recipes on Grits and Pinecones? Never miss out on a fabulous new recipe or meal idea again. Sign up to have my posts sent right to your email inbox! It’s easy as pie! Just enter your email address in the Subscribe box at the top right-hand corner of this page. That’s all there is to it!
If you like this recipe, please share it with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter!
Thanks for visiting! I hope you try the recipes and I hope you come back soon!