If the last thing you want to do is stand over a hot stove tonight, check out my easy but delicious recipe for Rustic Roasted Cherry Tomato Pizza. It combines roasted cherry tomatoes, melted fresh mozzarella cheese, basil, and a crispy crust for a one-of-a-kind homemade pizza.
Making homemade pizza is quick and easy, and this recipe, full of summery goodness, will make a believer out of you!
It all starts with store-bought dough. You could make your own, but most large grocery stores and many bakeries have it made and ready to go and you get the delicious homemade crust taste without all of the work.
But the real star of this show is the roasted cherry tomatoes. You know me and my love affair with summer tomatoes, I eat them non-stop all summer and in all manner of ways. And roasted tomatoes, oh my goodness, roasting them intensifies the sweetness and makes them even more flavorful if that’s possible.
What you need for this recipe:
In addition to cherry tomatoes, you will also need olive oil, dried oregano, kosher salt, ground black pepper, tomato sauce or pizza sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil.
How to make it:
Gather the ingredients, and preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
Combine the cherry tomato slices with two tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper, and oregano in a medium-size bowl. Mix well.
Place the tomatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Use the remaining olive oil to lightly grease a pizza pan or baking sheet. Turn the dough out onto the pan and, using your hands, spread it out as evenly as possible.
Spoon tomato sauce or pizza sauce over the dough and spread out evenly.
Top with the roasted cherry tomatoes and sliced mozzarella cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted. Let
Let it cool for five minutes and top with fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Most large grocery stores now carry pizza dough in their bakery departments. Many bakeries also carry it.
It will be easier to work with your dough if you bring it to room temperature before attempting to spread it out.
If you don’t want to purchase dough, you can also use Naan bread, flatbread, a loaf of french bread cut in half, or even a pre-made crust to save even more time.
Of course, you are also welcome to add any other toppings your family may like. I like to add crumbled-cooked bacon to mine. The sky is the limit.
If you like this recipe, you might also want to check out these other popular options: Easy Sausage Cheese Bread, Easy Supreme Pizza Casserole, Tomato and Artichoke Pizza, and Pesto Pizza on an English Muffin.
★ If you make this dish, please leave a comment and give this recipe a star rating. I would love to know how you liked it!
Thank you so much for visiting Grits and Pinecones!
Rustic Roasted Cherry Tomato Pizza Recipe
- 1 lb pizza dough purchased
- 2 cups sliced assorted cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup tomato sauce or pizza sauce
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine the cherry tomato slices with two tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, and oregano in a medium-size bowl. Mix well.
- Place the tomatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Use the remaining olive oil to lightly grease a pizza pan or baking sheet. Turn the dough out onto the pan and, use your hands to spread it out as evenly as possible.
- Spoon tomato sauce or pizza sauce over the dough and spread out evenly.
- Top with roasted cherry tomatoes and sliced mozzarella cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let it cool for 5 minutes and top with fresh basil. Serve immediately.