Mexican Chopped Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing is one of our favorite salads and I serve it often, especially when we have company. This Mexican Chopped Salad is full of all things healthy and good for you, and the honey-lime dressing is sweet, spicy and simply amazing!
I usually make a big batch of the yummy dressing and put it on literally everything. I have even added it to chicken salad and, let me tell you, it was divine! Mexican Chopped Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing is great as a side dish, but it’s also perfect as a main dish vegetarian salad and Mexican Chopped Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing would be perfect for Cinco de Mayo!
I first tasted this delicious and healthy salad last Cinco de Mayo when our neighbor Peggy brought it over to a Mexican themed potluck dinner. I have been making it ever since then. Peggy graciously shared her recipe with me, and now I’m thrilled to be able to share it with you!
How to make Mexican Chopped Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
The ingredients for the salad include romaine lettuce, black beans, tomatoes, jicama, frozen corn, radishes, avocado, red bell pepper, Cotija cheese, and scallions. For the Honey-Lime dressing, you will need limes, olive oil, honey or agave nectar, garlic, jalapenos and Kosher salt.
If you are ready to make this delicious Mexican Chopped Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing, start by making the dressing.
Add all dressing ingredients to a blender and process until smooth. Store in the refrigerator, preferably for 24 hours before using.
For the salad, toss all ingredients but the avocado and Cotija cheese in a large bowl.
Pour the dressing over the mixture and toss again. Top with the Cotija cheese and avocado. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Notes: The last time I made this salad, I didn’t have the jicama or radishes, but it was still delicious. It’s very versatile. Add more or less of ingredients you like or don’t like. If you have never had jicama, give it a try. Jicamas are sort of like a cross between an apple and a potato, and add a crunchy element to the salad. Also, try adding 1/2 of your avocado to the blender when mixing your dressing, it gives it a nice creaminess. If you are feeding a crowd, simply double the recipe!
If you liked the recipe above, please consider rating it and leaving a comment below. Also, follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram. And finally, to be the first to receive notifications of new posts by email, enter your email address in the Subscribe box. Thank you so much for visiting Grits and Pinecones!
Mexican Chopped Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
Honey-Lime Dressing Ingredients
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice about 2 large limes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 2-3 cloves garlic peeled and minced or grated
- 1 tsp chopped seeded jalapeño pepper more if you like spicy foods
- Kosher salt to taste
Mexican Chopped Salad Ingredients
- 2-1/2 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 can black beans 15.5 oz can, rinsed and well drained
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled jicama
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 2-3 scallions chopped
- For the Honey-Lime Dressing, add all ingredients to a blender and process until smooth. Store in the refrigerator, preferably for 24 hours before using.
- For the salad, toss all ingredients but the avocado and Cotija cheese in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the mixture and toss again.
- Top with the Cotija cheese and avocado. Serve immediately. Enjoy!