Bourbon Pecan Brie Bites are a show-stopping bite-size, make-ahead appetizer that’s perfect for holiday entertaining.
This five-ingredient wonder packs a lot of flavor and texture into every bite, and you’ll be happy to know they’re incredibly easy to make!
Whether you make them for Christmas or New Year’s, no one will be able to resist the flaky phyllo shells full of creamy, brie cheese, roasted pecans, brown sugar, and just a touch of bourbon.
Simple and delicious, they are just what a holiday appetizer should be!
More holiday appetizers:
Speaking of holiday appetizers, here are some of my favorite party food recipes that would be great for a Christmas or New Year’s Eve party too!
- Three Ingredient Cranberry Brie Bites
- Classic Jezebel Sauce and Cream Cheese
- The Ultimate Blue Cheese Spread with Pecans
- Quick and Easy Hanky Pankies
- Havarti and Sun-Dried Tomato Cheesecake
- Cranberry Pecan Mini Goat Cheese Balls
- Hot and Cheesy Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip
- Crispy Southern Cheese Crackers
- Spinach and Goat Cheese Tartlets
- Easy Make-Ahead Caprese Skewers
Can you tell I love the holidays and I love appetizers? If you need more inspiration, check out all of my appetizer recipes here.
How to make Bourbon Pecan Brie Bites:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Carefully cut the rind from the brie and discard the rind. Then, cut the cheese into cubes about ½ inch square.
Add all ingredients but the cheese and phyllo shells to a small bowl and stir to combine.
Place a cube of brie into each phyllo shell and top with ½ teaspoon of the bourbon pecan mixture.
Place the full shells on a small baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbly.
Remove from the oven and serve warm or at room temperature.
Sharon’s Expert Tips:
To roast your pecans, place the chopped pecans on a microwaveable saucer and microwave for 5-6 minutes. Or, place on a baking sheet and roast in a 350-degree oven for 5 minutes.
I would make twice as many of these tasty appetizers as you think you will need. They will go fast!
To make ahead, place the filled phyllo shells back in the plastic tray they came in and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Place the tray back in the box and freeze for up to 2-3 months. Allow the bites to thaw for about 30 minutes before baking and bake as directed.
When you look for the shells at the grocery store, you might notice two spellings for the phyllo shells. Some brands call their shells phyllo and some filo. They are the same thing.
Variations: pepper jelly, fig preserves, cranberry sauce, or even your favorite jam or preserves can be substituted for the bourbon pecan topping.
★ If you make Bourbon Pecan Bites, please leave a comment and give this recipe a star rating. I would love to know how you liked it!
Thanks so much for visiting Grits and Pinecones!
Bourbon Pecan Brie Bites Recipe
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 Tbsp bourbon
- 1/4 cup roasted chopped pecans
- 8 oz round of brie
- 1.9 oz pkg frozen mini fully baked phyllo shells 15 shells
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients but the brie and phyllo shells to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Carefully remove the rind from the brie and discard the rind. Then, cut the brie into cubes about 1/2 inch square.
- Place a cube of brie into each phyllo shell and top with 1/2 teaspoon of the bourbon pecan mixture.
- Place the full shells on a small baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until the brie has melted and is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm or at room temperature.