If you love Buffalo chicken wings, you will love my Buffalo Chicken Dip with Blue Cheese. It has all the delicious spicy flavor of Buffalo chicken wings, but none of the mess!
Buffalo Chicken Dip with Blue Cheese equals Buffalo sauce plus three kinds of cheese and chicken. Need I say more? Quick and easy, this dip can be made ahead and then baked the day of your party.
I have to confess I am not a big football or Super Bowl fan, but I am a fan of Super Bowl food! Oh my goodness, I love this cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip and all of the other yummy appetizers. I can’t wait for the big game and I almost wish every Sunday was Super Bowl Sunday!
If you are like me and you love Buffalo anything, I promise that you will love this dip!
More game-day or Super Bowl appetizer recipes:
If you need more menu ideas for a tailgate or football party, why not check out my recipes for tasty Redneck Caviar Dip, Crispy Buffalo Wings, yummy Easy Pigs in a Blanket, and to die for Skillet Macho Nachos. Need a few more ideas? Check out my 23 Quick and Easy Game Day Snacks post featuring lots of easy recipes and menu ideas.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Dip with Blue Cheese
There are only six ingredients in this tasty Buffalo Chicken Dip: cream cheese, blue cheese or ranch salad dressing, wing or buffalo sauce, blue cheese, mozzarella, or Monterey Jack cheese and canned cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken.
When you are ready to prepare this delicious dip, first preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Add the softened cream cheese to a large bowl and stir until smooth and creamy. Add the dressing, buffalo sauce, one-half cup of the mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese, the blue cheese, and chicken. Stir to combine.
Place this mixture in a small baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese on top.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until the dip is hot and bubbling. Serve immediately with heavy-duty chips or crackers such as Fritos or Triscuits or veggies.
You can substitute 2 cups shredded or finely chopped cooked chicken for the canned chicken.
To make-ahead, make the dip but do not bake it. Cover the dish and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, take the dip out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before baking and allow to come to room temperature and then follow the directions above.
You can use Buffalo or wing sauce.
As you might imagine, this dish is spicy. If you would like to tone down the heat, reduce the amount of Buffalo sauce you add or choose a Buffalo or wing sauce labeled mild.
★ If you make this dish, please leave a comment and give this recipe a star rating. I would love to know how you liked it!
Thanks so much for visiting Grits and Pinecones!
Easy Make-Ahead Buffalo Chicken Dip with Blue Cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese halved
- 19.50 oz canned chicken in water drained
- crackers, chips or veggies for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the softened cream cheese to a large bowl and stir until smooth and creamy. Add the dressing, buffalo sauce, ½ cup of the mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese, the blue cheese, and chicken. Stir to combine.
- Place this mixture in a small baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the dip is hot and bubbling. Serve immediately with heavy-duty chips or crackers such as Fritos or Triscuits and/or veggies.
This appetizer is a huge hit for a football party or a fancy holiday party. Each time I make it, it’s a huge hit. It’s savory, warm and comforting especially on a cold winter day. I serve it with fresh veggies and chips and everyone loves it!