Mardi Gras Snack Mix only takes minutes to make and is delicious. It’s also a fun and festive appetizer with purple, green, and gold Mardi Gras colors.
The most fun thing about this recipe is that you can add whatever ingredients you like. I already had a big box of Cheezits and decided to add Bugles. But what differentiates Mardi Gras Snack Mix from a regular snack mix is adding the traditional festive Mardi Gras colors: purple, green and gold (yellow).
Purple represents justice; green represents faith, and gold represents power. There is no cooking involved, you throw everything in a bowl, mix it up, and you are done! How great is that?
Want to change up this recipe and use it for another holiday, special occasion, or a different theme? Just change up the candy colors. For a Christmas Snack Mix, use red and green candy, for the Fourth of July, how about red, white, and blue candy, and for a great game day snack mix, how about using candies with your team’s colors?
Mardi Gras food:
Other traditional Mardi Gras food recipes on my blog include:
- Easy Mardi Gras Hot Muffaletta Dip
- Seafood Jambalaya
- Hurricane Cocktails
- Creamy Shrimp Creole
- Cajun Dirty Rice with Sausage
- Old Fashioned Pecan Pralines
- Hurricane Cocktail
Need more ideas, check out my roundup post: Ten+ Classic Mardi Gras Recipes and Menu Ideas.
You will need the following ingredients: Cheezits, Bugles, small pretzels, and peanuts. You will also need vegetable oil and a package of dry Ranch Salad Dressing Mix. I also added green M&Ms, purple chocolate-covered blueberries, and yellow jelly beans.
How to make it!
Combine the Cheezits, Bugles, pretzels, and peanuts in a gallon-size plastic bag and drizzle with the vegetable oil.
Seal the bag and toss gently to coat the mixture. Add the contents of the Ranch dressing packet and toss gently again to coat the mixture evenly.
When you are ready to serve, pour the mixture into a large bowl and top with the candy.
★ If you make this dish, please leave a comment and give this recipe a star rating. I would love to know how you liked it!
Thank you so much for visiting Grits and Pinecones!
Mardi Gras Snack Mix - A Quick and Easy Appetizer
- 2-½ cups Cheezits
- 2-½ cups Bugles
- 2-½ cups small pretzels
- 1 cup peanuts or any nuts you like or have on hand
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 packet dry Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups assorted candies M&Ms, jelly beans, etc.
- Combine the Cheezits, Bugles, pretzels, and peanuts in a gallon-size plastic bag and drizzle with the vegetable oil.
- Seal the bag and toss gently to coat the mixture. Add the Ranch dressing and toss gently again to evenly coat the mixture.
- When you are ready to serve, pour the mixture into a large bowl and top with the candy.