Easy Mardi Gras Hot Muffuletta Dip is a tantalizing appetizer made with tasty green olives, salami, provolone cheese, and tangy giardiniera.
These yummy ingredients are combined with cream cheese to make a hot and delicious dip. This appetizer is simply bursting with flavor and is perfect for any Mardi Gras, game-day, or Super Bowl party.
I served this delicious dip at a book club meeting held at my house, along with pralines, a salty/sweet snack mix, and yes, classic hurricane cocktails! But this appetizer which I served with toasted french bread slices was the star of the show!
More Mardi Gras Recipes:
Check out these delicious choices:
- Cajun Dirty Rice with Sausage
- Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
- Hurricane Cocktails
- Mardi Gras Snack Mix
- Creamy Shrimp Creole
More dip recipes:
If you like this dip, you might also like these delicious, quick, and easy dip recipes:
- Best Ever Easy Southern Caviar Dip
- Easy Cheesy Hot Corn Dip with Rotel and Jalapenos
- Hot and Cheesy Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip
- The Ultimate Blue Cheese Spread with Pecans
- Easy Make-Ahead Buffalo Chicken Dip.
You will need green olives, salami, roasted red peppers, provolone cheese, and garlic powder. You will also need giardiniera, which is pickled carrots, cauliflower, celery, and pepperoncini peppers. Plus, you need cream cheese, fresh parsley for garnish, and a little mozzarella cheese.
How to make muffuletta dip:
Gather your ingredients and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the olives, roasted red pepper, and drained giardiniera (discard pickles if there are any) in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until everything is coarsely chopped.
Add this mixture to a bowl along with the softened cream cheese, salami, and provolone cheese and mix well to combine.
Place this mixture in an oven-safe dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Top with the mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Garnish with parsley and serve with crackers or toasted French bread rounds.
You can make this dip a day or so ahead. Just cover it unbaked, and refrigerate until you are ready to bake it.
You can find jarred giardiniera, next to the pickles in your grocery store.
This dip is best served with sturdy crackers or toasted French bread rounds.
★ If you make this dish, please leave a comment and give this recipe a star rating. I would love to know how you liked it!
Thank you so much for visiting Grits and Pinecones!
Easy Mardi Gras Hot Muffuletta Dip
- 6 oz pitted green olives
- ½ cup roasted red pepper
- ½ cup giardiniera
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup salami cut into small cubes
- 4 oz provolone cheese cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley finely minced for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the olives, roasted red pepper, and drained giardiniera (discard pickles if there are any) in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until everything is coarsely chopped.
- Place this mixture in a bowl along with the softened cream cheese, salami, and provolone cheese and mix well to combine.
- Pour this mixture in an oven-safe dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.