This delicious Green Chili Pie is quite possibly the easiest dish you will ever make! Not only is it easy, it only has three ingredients! That’s right, this isn’t a typo, there are only three ingredients! And, if this isn’t enough to pique your interest, there are really only three steps to make it!
Green Chili Pie would be perfect served as an appetizer at a brunch, bridal or baby shower, book club meeting, or you could serve it as a snack for your kids, or for lunch or breakfast. Really there is no limit to how you could serve it. I ate it for lunch today, and what a tasty lunch it was!
Interested in whipping up this fabulous pie today? Well, gather your 3 ingredients which are: a can of chopped green chilies, 4 eggs, and shredded cheddar cheese.
Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan with butter. Spread a can of chopped chilies and their juice on the bottom of the pan.
Pour in the shredded cheese and spread out evenly. Then, break the eggs into a separate bowl and whisk until they are thoroughly mixed.
Pour the egg mixture evenly over the cheese layer making sure all of the cheese is covered.
Bake in a 275-degree oven for 1 hour.
Cut into pie-shaped pieces or bite-size pieces. Serve hot or cold. Believe it or not, these bite-size delicacies are even better the next day.
More appetizer recipes:
If you like simple recipes like this one, you might also like:
- Glazed Turkey Meatballs with Grape Jelly
- Easy 10 Minute Mixed Olive Tapenade
- Easy Southern Boiled Peanuts
- Easy Make-Ahead Caprese Skewers
- Bourbon Pecan Brie Bites
You can find all of my appetizer recipes here.
Green Chili Pie
- 1 can chopped green chilies 4 oz can
- 4 eggs well beaten
- 10 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan and spread the chilies evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the grated cheese over the chilies.
- Pour the beaten eggs evenly over the cheese layer.
- Bake for 1-hour at 275 degrees.
- Cut into pie shaped or bite size pieces. Serve hot or cold.
Do you like the recipes on Grits and Pinecones? Never miss out on a fabulous new recipe or meal idea again. Sign up to have my posts sent right to your email inbox! It’s easy as pie! Just enter your email address in the Subscribe box at the top right-hand corner of this page. That’s all there is to it!
If you like this recipe, please share it with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter!
Thanks for visiting! I hope you try the recipes and I hope you come back soon!
Leave a Reply