Roasted Carrots with Lemon Vinaigrette are delicious roasted, crisp-tender and sweet carrots topped with a yummy lemon and fresh herb vinaigrette. This elegant side dish would be a stunning and flavorful addition to your Easter dinner table.
Roasting carrots is probably the easiest and simplest way to cook carrots. Roasting caramelizes the natural sugars and brings out the natural sweetness in this healthy vegetable. Listed as one of the world’s healthiest vegetables, carrots are best known for their rich supply of beta-carotene, an anti-oxidant. However, this delicious root vegetable is the source of not only beta-carotene, but other antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals as well.
There are now a rainbow of colorful carrot varieties available at farmers markets and your grocery store: pink, purple, blue, white, and yellow. The beautiful colors can add a truly festive note to this side dish but, as you can see, it’s still beautiful when made with the more common orange carrots.
The list of ingredients for Roasted Carrots with Lemon Vinaigrette is simple: fresh carrots, olive oil, Kosher salt, ground black pepper, fresh lemon zest and juice, fresh parsley and fresh thyme.
When you are ready to make Roasted Carrots and Lemon Vinaigrette, gather your ingredients and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
Peel the carrots and slice them in half if they are large. The goal is to get all of the pieces to as close as the same size as possible so they will cook evenly. Place on the baking sheet.
Add olive oil and toss to coat the carrots. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Roast for 20-45 minutes depending on the size of your carrots. Larger carrots will take longer to cook. Begin checking the carrots at 20 minutes by piercing them with a fork. You want them tender but still crisp.
Mix all of the ingredients for the Lemon Vinaigrette in a mason jar and shake well, or whisk in a small bowl. Drizzle over carrots and serve immediately. (You may have some left over if so it makes a great salad dressing.)
Roasted Carrots with Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
Roasted Carrots Ingredients
- 1 bunch fresh carrots
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Lemon Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 zest of 2 lemons
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Peel the carrots and slice them in half if they are large. Place on the baking sheet.
- Add olive oil and toss to coat the carrots. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast for 20-45 minutes depending on the size of your carrots. Larger carrots will take longer to cook. Begin checking the carrots at 20 minutes by piercing them with a fork. You want them tender but still crisp.
- While the carrots are roasting make the lemon vinaigrette by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisking until everything is combined.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the carrots and serve immediately.