Easy Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates with Almonds are a perfect appetizer to kick off a Super Bowl party or a holiday gathering. Think about it; sweet dates, stuffed with creamy cream cheese, and crunchy almonds all wrapped up like a present with crispy smoky bacon. What’s not to love?
Let’s get real, just the idea of bacon-wrapped dates should send you into sensory overload. And, then I have upped the ante by stuffing the dates with cream cheese and almonds first!
Let’s just say these Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates with Almonds are over the top delicious and I can promise you they will be a party favorite!
Can you make this appetizer ahead?
Another great thing about these Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates with Almonds is they can be made ahead. You can stuff them and wrap them with bacon up to two days ahead of time. Then, on the big day, just pop in the oven right before you want to serve them. They are tasty served warm or at room temperature.
Dates are loaded with potassium and while I won’t try to convince you these luscious appetizers are healthy, a serving of dates has 50% more potassium than a serving of bananas.
Here’s what you will need:
Only four ingredients and they are dates, bacon, cream cheese, and almonds. You will also need toothpicks to hold everything together.
Here’s how to make this recipe:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut the cream cheese into 18-1 by 1/4 inch pieces.
To stuff the dates, look for the hole at the top of the date. Widen this hole with your fingers and open up the date. Stuff one piece of cream cheese and one almond into each date. It’s easier to handle your cream cheese if it is very cold. I put the cream cheese first and then used the almond to stuff it in.
Once the dates are stuffed, wrap a piece of bacon around each date and secure with a toothpick. My husband loves these so much, I always have to double the recipe to make sure we have enough for our guests.
Arrange dates with bacon seam side down on a wire rack on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil. The aluminum foil will make your clean-up much easier.
Bake 10 minutes or until the bacon starts to brown, then turn over and cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until the bacon is brown and crispy.
- Be sure to purchase dates which have already been pitted, preferably Medjool dates.
- Don’t make the same mistake I did. The first time I made stuffed dates I put the package of dates in the refrigerator before stuffing them. They were so stiff I had a hard time opening them enough to stuff in the cream cheese and almonds.
Yum! I hope you love these delicious bite-size treats as much as we do!
More appetizer recipes:
If you like this recipe, you might also like these yummy appetizer recipes: Crispy Cheesy Southern Cheese Crackers, Easy Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms, The Ultimate Relish Tray Guide, and Baked Bacon Ranch Jalapeno Poppers.
Want more appetizer menu or party ideas? Click here for all of my appetizer recipes.
★ If you liked this recipe, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. I’d love to know how you liked it!
Thank you so much for visiting Grits and Pinecones. I hope you’ll come back soon!
Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates with Almonds
- 4 ounces cold cream cheese cut into 18 - 1 by 1/4 inch pieces
- 12 oz pitted dates Medjool if possible
- 18 whole almonds salted and roasted
- 6 slices bacon cut crosswise into thirds
- 18 wooden picks
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Stuff 1 piece of cream cheese into each date. Use an almond to help stuff the cheese in.
- Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each date and secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange dates bacon seam side down on a wire rack in a cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes or until the bacon starts browning, turn over and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until your bacon is browned and crispy.
- Serve immediately.
**This recipe was originally published in December 2015. Republished on January 6, 2019, with new images and expanded directions and tips.