Mouthwatering Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a nutritious, filling, and fabulous meal. These quick and easy chicken wraps are packed with fresh, vibrant flavors and delicious pieces of tender chicken.
A tasty Chicken Lettuce Wrap Sauce, with a touch of orange marmalade and hoisin sauce, gives the wraps an Asian punch and makes them a winning chicken dinner.
Easy Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps are delicious, and they are probably one of the easiest and quickest meals you will ever prepare. No muss, no fuss, and a great flavorful dinner in under 15 minutes! What more could you ask for?
How many calories are in Easy Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
Coming in at under 122 calories each, these healthy chicken wraps make staying on a diet easy and help keep the pounds at bay.
What kind of lettuce is best for Chicken Lettuce Wraps?
I like to use Bibb or butter lettuce for these lettuce wraps. Both have sturdy, broad leaves that hold a good amount of filling without ripping or falling apart.
More healthy chicken recipes:
If you like healthy chicken recipes, you might also like these popular recipes on my blog: Skillet Mediterranean Chicken Bake, One Pan BBQ Chicken Potatoes and Green Beans, Grilled Teriyaki Chicken, Easy Roasted Bone-In Chicken Breast, and Simple Lemon Grilled Whole Chicken.
Need more menu ideas or recipe suggestions featuring chicken, check out all of my chicken recipes here.
Easy Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps Ingredients:
Gather your ingredients for the chicken wraps which are: boneless skinless chicken breasts, olive oil, onion, shredded carrots, garlic, toasted cashews, Kosher salt, and pepper. You will also need chopped tomatoes and cucumber for a garnish, and Bibb or butter lettuce for the wrap.
Chicken Lettuce Wrap Sauce Ingredients:
The chicken lettuce wrap sauce is what gives this easy chicken recipe such a rich flavor. You will need low-sodium soy sauce, pure maple syrup, orange marmalade, and hoisin sauce.
How to make Easy Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
In a large non-stick skillet or wok, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the onion and carrots. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until the onions start to soften.
Add the garlic and chicken, and salt and pepper. Cook, frequently stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Stir in the soy sauce, maple syrup, orange marmalade, and hoisin sauce and cook frequently stirring until the sauce starts to bubble. Add in the cashews and cook just until they are heated through.
Spoon the chicken mixture evenly on top of the lettuce leaves. Garnish with chopped tomato and cucumber. Serve immediately.
Sharon’s Expert Tips:
Leftovers, if you have any, are great the next day. Store the chicken mixture covered in the refrigerator for up to three days.
You can substitute water chestnuts for the cashews or add a handful if you like. I usually do because my husband loves water chestnuts.
You can also substitute chicken thighs for chicken breasts.
If you are using Bibb lettuce, an easy way to get nice lettuce cups is to cut off the top one-third of the head of lettuce. Take the top third you cut off and separate the leaves to use as the lettuce wraps.I
If you use an English or Hot House cucumber you don’t need to peel it.
★ If you make Easy Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps, please leave a comment and give this recipe a star rating. I would love to know how you liked it! Thanks so much for visiting Grits and Pinecones!
Easy Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion finely diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced or grated
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1-1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped into bite-size pieces
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp Orange Marmalade
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 10 lettuce leaves I like to use Bibb or butter lettuce
- 2 tomatoes small, chopped
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded and chopped
- In a large non-stick skillet or wok, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the onion and carrots. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until the onions start to soften. Add the garlic, and chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the soy sauce, maple syrup, orange marmalade, and hoisin sauce, and cook, stirring frequently until the sauce starts to bubble. Stir in the cashews and cook just until they are heated through. Taste and season to taste with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture on top of each lettuce leaf. Garnish with the chopped tomato and cucumber. Serve immediately.
*Post updated on September 30, 2019, to add helpful tips and expand directions. No changes to the original recipe.