Are you looking for the perfect Christmas gift to wow those special people in your life? Well, look no further, because I have an oh so easy recipe for delicious and festive Cranberry Infused Vodka that will jingle your bells!
Edible homemade gifts from the kitchen have long been a very personal and traditional way to celebrate the holidays with Christmas cookies and candies and other yummy homemade treats.
But this year, why not spread some holiday cheer and give a delightfully unique and thoughtful gift that will be remembered and appreciated long after the holidays are over? Oh, and while you are at it, be sure to make a batch yourself!
Cranberry Infused Vodka only takes about 15 minutes to make. It’s a gorgeous gift with its deep Christmasy red color when packaged in a beautiful decanter or festive jar. You could even include a card with servings suggestions like Cranberry Vodka Martinis or Cranberry Cosmopolitans. The possibilities are endless.
More homemade Christmas or hostess gifts:
If you like this recipe, you might also be interested in these recipes for other homemade Christmas or hostess gifts:
- How to Make Preserved Lemons
- Mixed Olive Tapenade
- Chocolate Billionaires Candy
- Classic Jezebel Sauce
- Forgotten Cookies aka Forgotten Kisses
- Lemon Shortbread Cookies
- Caramel Corn with Chocolate Drizzle
Cranberry Infused Vodka Ingredients:
You will need the following ingredients: fresh or frozen cranberries, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and a bottle of vodka. That’s it!
How to make Cranberry Infused Vodka:
Place the cranberries, sugar, vanilla extract, and one tablespoon of water in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat.
Let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes or until the berries have burst and stir frequently.
Let the mixture cool a few minutes, then pour the mixture into a large pitcher and add the vodka. Stir to combine.
Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator for one week before using.
After one week, strain the mixture through a small mesh strainer to remove the cranberries and any solids.
Store the cranberry infused vodka covered in the refrigerator.
Cranberry Infused Vodka will keep in the refrigerator covered for up to two weeks.
To serve, use your favorite cocktail recipe using flavored vodka, or pour a little of the cranberry vodka over ice and add tonic water to taste. Garnish with a slice of orange, lemon, or lime and enjoy!
It’s not necessary to buy the most expensive vodka for this recipe. Use a medium price liquor, and you will be fine.
I have found inexpensive decorative bottles at Hobby Lobby and World Market.
Plan ahead, remember the mixture has to sit in the refrigerator for one week before it is ready to use.
If you give this as a gift, be sure to let the recipient know it needs to be stored in the refrigerator.
★ If you make Cranberry Infused Vodka, please leave a comment and give this recipe a star rating. I would love to know how you liked it!
Thanks so much for visiting Grits and Pinecones!
How to Make Cranberry Infused Vodka
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-750 ml bottle vodka
- Place cranberries, sugar, vanilla extract and 1 Tablespoon of water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently and let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes or until the berries have burst.
- Pour the mixture into a large pitcher and add the vodka. Mix well. Cover tightly and let sit in the refrigerator for one week.
- After one week, strain the mixture using a small mesh strainer and then store the cranberry infused vodka covered in the refrigerator.
- To serve, use your favorite cocktail recipe or simply pour a little of the cranberry vodka over ice and add tonic water to taste. Garnish with a slice of orange, lemon or lime and enjoy!