How can you make a margarita better – turn it into a boozy popsicle with my Strawberry Margarita Ice Pops recipe! Not only are these adult-only, alcohol-infused ice pops delicious, but they are also the perfect treat for Cinco de Mayo or a summer cookout.
If you like margaritas, you will love these popsicles! Think sweet ripe strawberries pureed and then blended with limeade, tequila, and triple sec, then sprinkled with just a little bit of coarse salt. Oh yes, can’t you just taste them now!
These flavored ice pops will become your new favorite go-to frozen treat. They are refreshing, not too sweet, a little boozy, and full of ripe strawberry lusciousness and fresh limey flavor. Just the thing to elevate your summer entertaining to a new level.
They are also extremely easy to make and impossible to resist. So what are you waiting for?
Here’s what’s in the recipe:
Fresh strawberries, sugar, frozen limeade, tequila, and triple sec or another orange-flavored liqueur. Plus, if you like, a little coarse salt for garnish.
The only other supplies you will need are popsicle molds and wooden sticks. If you don’t have molds, you can use paper cups.
How to make Strawberry Margarita Ice Pops:
Rinse the strawberries and let drain in a colander. Remove the green leaves with a paring knife. Place the strawberries in a blender or food processor along with one to two tablespoons of water and process until smooth.
Combine the sugar and strawberry puree in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, and stir until the sugar is dissolved which should take one to two minutes.
Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool slightly. Add the limeade, tequila, and triple sec. Mix well.
Fill each mold with the mixture and freeze for at least four to six hours.
To remove the popsicles from the mold, dip the mold in warm water for about 10 seconds.
If desired, garnish with a sprinkle of coarse salt. Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you want to make some virgin popsicles for the kids, substitute orange juice for the tequila and triple sec.
Serve the popsicles on a plate or dish filled with ice to keep them from melting so quickly.
These yummy, sweet, and icy treats are the perfect way to end a great Cinco de Mayo, Labor Day, or Fourth of July bash. Here are a few other recipes that would be great for a summer party or backyard cookout:
- Grilled Chicken with Peach Glaze
- Garden Pasta Salad
- Southern Potato Salad
- Grilled Beer Can Chicken
- Frozen Lemonade Pie
- Ultimate Frozen Margarita
You might also like my Red, White, and Blue No-Bake Ice Box Cake, Strawberry Trifle with Angel Food Cake, Old-Fashioned Strawberry Pie; Classic Southern Strawberry Shortcake, Red, White, and Blue Ice Cream Pie; are all easy summer dessert recipes that would work well too!
★ If you make this recipe, please leave a comment and give it a star rating. I would love to know how you liked it!
Thank you so much for visiting Grits and Pinecones
Strawberry Margarita Ice Pops
- 16 ounces fresh of frozen strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 oz frozen limeade
- 6 oz tequila
- 2 oz triple sec or other orange-flavored liqueur
- coarse salt for garnish optional*
- Rinse and drain the strawberries in a colander. Remove the green leaves and hull using a paring knife. Place in a blender or food processor along with 1-2 tablespoons of water and process until smooth.
- Combine the sugar and strawberry puree in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, and stir until the sugar is dissolved, which should take 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let cool slightly. Add the limeade, tequila and triple sec. Mix well.
- Fill each mold with the mixture and freeze for at least six hours. To remove the ice pops from the mold, dip the mold in warm water for about 10 seconds.
- If desired, garnish with a sprinkle of coarse salt. Serve immediately and enjoy!