Cheesy Creole Shrimp Toast is a delicious, quick and easy (and mostly make-ahead) appetizer that is perfect for your holiday entertaining, New Year’s Eve and Super Bowl parties.
These delectable bites of heaven are so good, they will fairly fly off the plate and you will love how easy they are to prepare. They take less than 15 minutes to make and are so good you just might want to double the recipe.
You know me and my love affair with shrimp and all things cheese! So it’s no wonder that when I first tasted shrimp toast at a New Year’s Eve party several years ago I was hooked. The friend that brought the shrimp toast admitted that she purchased hers frozen at Trader Joe’s and just heated them up. And, of course, the first thing I did after hearing that was to stock up on them so I would always have a supply in my freezer in case of a food emergency.
Fast forward to today and I found a delicious recipe for Cajun Shrimp Toast on the Damn Delicious Blog that became my new favorite shrimp toast appetizer. But, because I am always looking for ways to make a recipe easier, I couldn’t leave well enough alone and this recipe for Cheesy Creole Shrimp Toast was born. My Cheesy Creole Shrimp Toast recipe uses premade Toasted French Rounds from Fresh Market. I also have the seafood market where I buy my shrimp season and steam the shrimp after they are shelled and deveined. Most grocery stores that sell shrimp also offer this service. In addition, I increased the amount of cheese added, changed the spices up a bit and, since I had creole seasoning, I used that instead of cajun seasoning.
More Shrimp Recipes:
If you love shrimp as much as I do, you might also want to try these delicious shrimp recipes:
- Easy Crispy Pan-Fried Shrimp,
- Roasted Shrimp Pasta Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Southern BBQ Shrimp and Cheese Grits,
- Southern Shrimp and Corn Fritters,
- Shrimp and Blue Cheese Pasta,
- Brown Sugar Glazed Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, and
- The Best Crispy Buffalo Shrimp.
Need more menu ideas or recipes with seafood? Check out all of my seafood recipes here!
How to make Creole Shrimp Toast
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Dice the shrimp into bite-size pieces.
Add the shrimp, mayonnaise, sour cream, mozzarella, parmesan, thyme, salt, pepper, onion powder and 1 teaspoon of the creole seasoning to a large bowl and mix well.
Place the toasted rounds on a baking sheet and top each with a spoonful of the shrimp mixture.
Sprinkle with a pinch of creole seasoning and bake for 6-8 minutes, or until the cheese melts and shrimp mixture is lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Notes: You can prepare the shrimp mixture ahead and keep refrigerated for up to 24 hours before preparing the shrimp toast. While this shrimp toast is best served warm, it is also still good served at room temperature and I have been known to eat it cold right out of the refrigerator.
If you liked the recipe above, please consider rating it and leaving a comment below. Also, follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram. And finally, to be the first to receive notifications of new posts by email, enter your email address in the Subscribe box. Thank you so much for visiting Grits and Pinecones!
Cheesy Creole Shrimp Toast Recipe
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled, deveined, tails removed and steamed with creole seasoning.
- 2/3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Creole seasoning divided (I used Zatarain's)
- 7 oz package Toasted French Rounds about 24
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice the shrimp into bite-size pieces.
- Add the shrimp, mayonnaise, sour cream, mozzarella, parmesan, thyme, salt, pepper, onion powder and 1 teaspoon of the creole seasoning to a large bowl and mix well.
- Place the toasted rounds on a baking sheet and top each with a spoonful of the shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with a pinch of creole seasoning and bake for 6-8 minutes, or until the cheese melts and shrimp mixture is lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.