This recipe for easy, creamy Chicken Ranch Dip, made with canned chicken, cream cheese, dry ranch dressing, scallions, and parsley, is so simple to make you will feel like a rock star in the kitchen. Ready in minutes, it’s also an excellent make-ahead appetizer or snack to whip up for your family or guests.
Sometimes called Chicken Cream Cheese Ranch Dip, this cold chicken dip recipe is a true crowd favorite and only takes five ingredients and five minutes to prepare. My guess is you probably already have everything you need sitting in your pantry and fridge right now.
Since it’s so quick to prepare and has such a short ingredient list, this canned chicken dip recipe is a wonderful addition to your game day, Super Bowl or holiday party menus. It’s also a flavorful snack, and I Iike to eat it with crackers for a quick lunch or even a light dinner.
Special thanks to my friend Courtney Glazer for sharing this recipe with me so I could share it with you!
Here’s what’s in it:
As promised, there are only a few ingredients:
- Chicken – is the star of this creamy dip. You can use leftover cooked chicken or canned chicken.
- Cream cheese – which acts as the base, provides its characteristic creaminess and adds a mild tang.
- Dry Ranch Salad Dressing or Dips – is the ultimate in convenience foods; this dry mix from Hidden Valley gives this dip the herby ranch flavor that makes it so tasty.
- Scallions – provide a mild onion flavor.
- Parsley – besides lending its fresh earthy taste, it also gives the dip a nice pop of color.
Here’s how to make it:
- Gather the ingredients.
- Add the chicken, softened cream cheese, ranch seasoning mix, scallions, and parsley to the bowl of your food processor, fitted with a steel blade.
- Pulse until everything is mixed well and the mixture is fairly smooth.
- Serve at room temperature with crackers.
Frequently asked questions:
I like to serve this loaded ranch dip with Triscuits or Fritos, but you can use any sturdy crackers or veggies like celery and carrots. Crunchmaster makes some really good crunchy gluten-free crackers that go great with it as well.
Chicken Ranch Dip will keep well covered in your refrigerator for three to four days. I do not recommend freezing it.
Yes! This chicken ranch dip with cream cheese can be made several days ahead and stored covered in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
Try adding a bit of salsa to change up the taste, or several tablespoons of buffalo wing sauce to make Buffalo Chicken Ranch Dip. You can also add a handful of shredded cheese or a quarter of a cup of chopped celery or pecans to add a bit of crunch.
Yes, you can. You will need about one cup of leftover shredded or cut-up cooked chicken.
To soften the cream cheese, leave it on the counter for about an hour before blending. Or, remove the wrapper and place it in a microwave for about 30 seconds. The biggest cause of lumpy cream cheese in dips is not making sure it has softened before blending it with other ingredients.
I like to use regular cream cheese in this recipe. However, you can substitute low-fat if you prefer.
No scallions or parsley? No worries, make this dip anyway; it’s still delicious!
Be sure to drain your canned chicken before adding it to the food processor.
If your dip has been refrigerated, remove it about an hour before you plan to serve it to allow it to come to room temperature.
Related appetizer recipes:
If you want more ideas for winning party appetizers, check out these popular recipes on my blog: Smoked Queso Dip, Quick and Easy Hanky Pankies, Blackened Shrimp, Southern Pimento Cheese, Redneck Caviar Dip, Sausage Bread, Crispy Buffalo Shrimp, Easy Southern Boiled Peanuts, Skillet Macho Nachos, and Buffalo Wings.
Need more menu ideas, check out all of my appetizer recipes here.
★ If you make this recipe, please leave a comment and give it a star rating. I would love to know how you liked it!
Thank you so much for visiting Grits and Pinecones; I hope you come back soon!
Chicken Ranch Dip Recipe
- Food processor
- 8 ounces canned chunk white chicken breast, drained or one cup leftover cooked chicken, cut up
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 ounce Ranch dry salad dressing and seasoning mix or one package
- 3 scallions finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- Crackers or Veggies for serving
- Put the drained chicken, softened cream cheese, Ranch dry salad dressing mix, scallions, and parsley in a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Pulse until all ingredients are mixed well and the mixture is smooth.
- Serve with crackers or veggies for dipping
**I originally posted this recipe on January 15, 2016. It was republished on May 22, 2021, with new photos, the addition of a FAQ section, and expanded directions and tips. There are no changes to the original recipe.