Easy Spicy Southern Corn Casserole is a fiesta for the senses with luscious corn deliciousness, spicy chilies, jalapenos, bacon, and a decadent cream cheese filling that brings it all together.
Believe it or not, Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and some folks are already planning their menus. I know! Who are these people? In fact, my post 27 Amazing Desserts for Thanksgiving had over 2,700 views in September. Now that’s planning ahead!
If you are a planner and organized enough to be already thinking about what you are going to serve for Thanksgiving, I have the perfect Thanksgiving side dish recipe, Easy Spicy Southern Corn Casserole. However, if you are like me and not ready to even begin thinking about Thanksgiving yet, this easy corn casserole is also perfect for a quick weeknight dinner with your family or a special dinner with guests. It is also the perfect dish to take to a pot-luck dinner! It’s actually the best corn casserole I’ve ever tasted, and that’s saying a lot because I’ve never met a corn casserole that I didn’t love!
A friend of ours Leigh Ansley brought this delicious and spicy hot corn casserole to a supper club dinner and was sweet enough to share the recipe with me. Her original recipe served twelve so I I’ve changed it up just a bit and have been making it ever since. You won’t believe how easy this corn casserole is to make and I know you, and your family and guests will love it as much as we do.
If you are a corn lover like me, you might also like these recipes that feature fresh corn: Southern Shrimp and Corn Fritters, Southern Creamed Corn, and Corn Tomato and Avocado Salad.
This Easy Spicy Southern Corn Casserole recipe is also extremely versatile, and you can use any type of corn you have on hand. I usually try to use fresh corn when it’s in season, but you can also substitute frozen or even canned corn. The only other ingredients for this easy corn casserole recipe are cream cheese, milk, canned chilies, butter, bacon, and jalapeno peppers.
How to Make Easy Spicy Southern Corn Casserole
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the milk, butter and cream cheese in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until the butter and cream cheese have melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
Add the green chilies, jalapeno, and corn to the cream cheese mixture and stir to combine.
Spray a small 8-inch square or round casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray or grease it with butter. Add the corn mixture.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Top with crumbled bacon and serve immediately.
**Sharing with Meal Plan Monday!
To be the first to receive notifications of new recipes by email enter your email address here or in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Grits and Pinecones!
Easy Spicy Southern Corn Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups cups fresh corn kernels or about 5 ears of fresh corn. You can substitute an 18 oz package of frozen corn or two 15 oz cans of yellow or white corn, drained.
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 oz can diced green chilies
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced, with the seeds and ribs removed
- 2 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the milk, butter and cream cheese in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until the butter and cream cheese have melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add the green chilies, jalapeno, and corn to the cream cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Spray a small casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray or grease it with butter. Add the corn mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Top with crumbled bacon and serve immediately.